We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Application Support Analyst to join our team in Alexandria, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Seeking motivated individual to join information technology user support team as a senior application support analyst. You will provide technical support for employees of a large federal agency and become a subject matter expert in a complex financial and law enforcement software system. Candidate should have an interest in learning new software systems and a genuine desire to help people. Position requires a self-starter with strong troubleshooting skills who will use available resources to research answers to help customers. You will be expected to become an expert in our business domain and develop the capability to identify a wide variety of information technology issues. This position will have flexible work hours and some weekend support, generally not to exceed 40 hours per week.
- Provide tier 2 & 3 support for a mission critical software application
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Develop material to help the team collaborate and encourage information sharing.
- Handle help desk escalations through tickets, e-mail, instant messaging and phone.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years relevant experience.
- Effective writing skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate the resolution of system failures on conference calls or directly with the end user.
- Troubleshooting skills to identify root cause of user reported problems.
- Ability to work with multiple teams from to diagnose and identify causes of application and system failures.
- Understanding of web browser based applications.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to use screen sharing technology to work with end-user to resolve problems.
- Experience with BMC Remedy is a plus.
- Experience working with technical teams to identify software application changes to build into new releases.
- Technical documentation experience.
- The ability to produce charts and reports on end user support.
- Interest and experience conducting end user training is a plus.
- Interest and ability to perform functional testing of application changes is a plus.
Government Eligibility Requirements
- Candidate must be able to favorably pass government background investigation.
- U.S. Citizenship eligibility requirements.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.