We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Cloud Migration Architect to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems. Potential for
Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a "needs" basis)
Unisys requires qualified and experienced support to enhance common infrastructure capabilities to improve the overall security posture and supportability of systems hosted in AWS which include access controls, monitoring and logging, baseline Amazon Machine Images (AMI), networking, deployment and compliance automation for both Linux and Windows workloads in AWS.
• Provide expertise to design, develop, test, and/or demonstrate working solutions to meet objectives for enhancing infrastructure capabilities within AWS and deliver documentation to effectively plan and implement those solutions.
• Follow a Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), operational standards, and AWS best practices, and support change control activities related to SDLC. Track defects due to non-compliance with standards, best practices or system/software bugs and provide a remediation plan for each defect.
• Use FedRAMP approved services and implement capabilities to meet security controls defined under a System Security Plan (SSP). Implement federation/network connectivity, and establish standardize monitoring (i.e. pipe log aggregation to Splunk). Ensure any syslog configuration needs are included in base images.
• Lead and/or support architecture and design, coding, testing (i.e. unit, integration, regression, performance, security), configuration and release management, defect triage, and deployment tasks.
• Expertise with AWS Well Architected Framework and AWS Best Practices to implement Amazon Web Services
• Expertise using AWS CLI, CloudFormation, and AWS-Roles
• Experience with integrating various systems in an integrated and hybrid cloud environment using AWS, to include installation, operation, maintenance, documentation, and disaster recovery with complete and incomplete documentation
• Experience in automation and containerization
• Expertise using Splunk and/or QRadar for log aggregation
• Experience exercising operational rigor, documenting steps, backing up artifacts, and validating services and code through unit testing and analysis
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other engineering or technical discipline and 10 years’ experience required.
• Minimum 3 years of experience architecting within Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
• Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
• Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
• Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
• Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross functional team to implement solutions.
• Industry-recognized security certification - CISSP, CISA, SABSA SCF, Federal CIO Cloud Architectures
• Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Microsoft Azure platforms.
• Experience architecting security solutions to safeguard network, infrastructure, data, and applications, and APIs.
• Knowledge or experience designing a solution to operate from a FEDRAMP certified CSP environment.
• Knowledge of Federal Identity and Access Management solutions with insight into industry best practices for Public Key Infrastructure, Authentication, Authorization, and Access Control.
• Knowledge of Federal Cybersecurity and Risk Management policies.
• Deep understanding of Defense in Depth Strategies to address dynamic threats.
• Developing recommendations for business process or technical changes for Director / SES level decision makers.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.