We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Data Analytics Engineer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Description: Mid to senior level Data Analytics Engineer to support to provide expertise in data visualization, analysis and reporting technologies. Will work with multiple teams within a federal law enforcement agency to help lead & grow their data analytics practice. Will work with relational and unstructured data formats to create user friendly analytic solutions that identifies and aggregates data elements into decision models and other analytical support tools. Candidate must be a strong problem solver and capable of providing technical recommendations to senior leadership. Candidate must be capable of creating target architectures and guidance in the areas of Data Warehousing, Big Data, Analytics, IoT and enterprise data management. Will also be able to build and optimize data systems, deliver prototype implementations and help chart a course forward as we continue to scale and solve interesting data challenges.
- Strong Experience with data analytical & data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau and/or Qlik.
- Experience with data gathering, data mining and data analysis techniques.
- Experience with data modeling, data architecture design and leveraging large-scale data ingest from complex data sources
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience building geospatial data representations and map layers.
- Experience developing and testing server-side software and dashboards.
- Hands-on experience using ElasticSearch (ELK) and other search tools.
- Familiar with software development and agile concepts.
- Experience with predictive analytics algorithms, such as Linear Models, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Bayesian Methods, and Ensemble Techniques.
- Experience with statistical programming languages such as "R".
- Hands-on experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hbase, Hive, Spark, etc.
- MS degree in CS, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Information Systems Management, or Data Science and 15 years relevant experience or equivalent.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.