We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Training & Communication Outreach Consultant to join our team in Northern Virginia and at the client location in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Unisys is a member of a Team assisting a Program Management Office (PMO) that supports a large-scale system modernization effort that uses Agile methodologies, coordinates and monitors performance across multiple contractor development teams, manages business and functional requirements, reviews/consolidates System Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) documentation, facilitates Agency-wide SELC gates (e.g., Release Planning Review, Release Readiness Review, etc.), interprets Agency implementation of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) SELC guidance/directives/templates, manages program risks and issues as well as several other functions. The system modernization that our PMO oversees is called “Pivot.”
As the Pivot system gets closer to Full Operating Capability (FOC) in Summer 2019, our team needs someone to support training and outreach with various system stakeholders and users who are located across the country. Like most system stakeholders and users, they will want to know how their day-to-day jobs may change as functionality for the new Pivot system is released into production and is available to users. The successful candidate will work with our client to develop communications plans, assess training needs, plan training sessions, and facilitate training sessions. As a senior position, the successful candidate must be proactive and take the lead on many of these activities such as Communication Plan development. Business Analysts and other members of the PMO team, who are not communication specialists, can play a supportive role on an “as needed” basis.
This is a customer-facing role that requires strong knowledge of and hands-on experience with communications, stakeholder outreach, and training; basically, a Subject Matter Expert who will speak confidently with the client as well as with various Pivot solution development teams to gain a better understanding of the Pivot system and its capabilities.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Work with client and system developers to assess training needs for different types of users and stakeholders.
• Based on Training Needs Assessment (TNA) and other information obtained from the client, develop a Training Plan.
• Based on the TNA and Training Plan, work with the client to develop Training Curriculum, training priorities, and training content.
• As needed, with support from the client and other members of the PMO, facilitate training sessions – these could be in-person or via Adobe Connect with MS PowerPoint, Pivot system walkthrough/demo, screenshots, etc.
• Develop training questionnaires or feedback assessments to determine the success of different training approaches and sessions. Evaluate the training and make recommendations to improve it.
• As needed and based on the Training Plan, work with the client to create “job aides” that can be distributed to different Pivot users (e.g., insurance agents, underwriters, claims specialists, etc.).
• As needed and based on the Training Plan, create content for web-training sessions – this content may leverage content used in other forums such as in-person training and job aides.
You must be to work collaboratively in a team environment. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
Other requirements include:
• US Citizenship.
• A BA/BS degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Communications, Media, etc.).
• At least ten years of work experience or a Master’s degree in a related field.
• Strong communication skills and a passion for client satisfaction.
• Ability to develop great client relationships and an interest in working on new business for a small consulting firm.
• Ability to work well with clients to determine Training and Communications requirements and to execute a plan to meet those requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
• Familiarity with Learning Management and Organizational Change Management methods and tools, training best practices, training content creation, communication and change management.
• Hands-on training and communications experience in an IT environment.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and training sessions.
Familiarity and experience with the following is highly desirable:
• Experience in Federal government consulting.
• Active DHS/FEMA Public Trust clearance.
• An interest in the homeland security mission.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong expertise with Learning Management methods and tools, training best practices, training content creation, communication and change management.
• Proven leadership for training and communications work in an IT environment.
• Excellent presentation & communication skills in both oral and written form.
• Genuine desire to learn is essential.
• Knowledge of project management principles as promulgated by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
• In compliance with Federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
The successful candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Work can commence before a clearance is granted, but must wait until the initial background check is complete.
A BA/BS degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Communications, Media, etc.) along with ten years related experience is required. A Master’s Degree in a related field can be substituted for some experience. .
Local candidates only. Work location: Washington, DC.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.