We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Tester – Test Support Consultant to join our team in Northern Virginia and at the client location in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Unisys is a member of a Team assisting a Program Management Office (PMO) that supports a large-scale system modernization effort that uses Agile methodologies, coordinates and monitors performance across multiple contractor development teams, manages business and functional requirements, reviews/consolidates System Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) documentation, facilitates Agency-wide SELC gates (e.g., Release Planning Review, Release Readiness Review, etc.), interprets Agency implementation of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) SELC guidance/directives/templates, manages program risks and issues as well as several other functions. The system modernization that our PMO oversees is called “Pivot.”
As the Pivot system gets closer to Full Operating Capability (FOC) in late 2019, our team needs someone to work with the PMO Test Lead and various development teams to test application functionality. The successful candidate will work with our client, the PMO Test Lead, and development teams to create test cases, execute test cases, and document test results. Pivot has multiple environments (Dev, Test, Integration, Pre-Prod, and Prod) and each development team performs their own thorough testing, so this role will focus on end-to-end functionality testing - likely in the Integration environment. In this role, the tester will work closely with the PMO Test Lead and participate in test meetings, as needed.
The Pivot application is hosted at the USDA NITC in Kansas City, MO, and the tester will be granted remote access to the appropriate environments for testing purposes. Development teams maintain their test cases and test documentation in Atlassian Jira and Confluence. The Pivot application leverages the following technologies: Relational Database -- Enterprise DB Postgres, Document Storage – MongoDB Enterprise Advanced, Application Server – Apache Tomcat, Identity and Authentication Provider – IBM WebSEAL, API Gateway – Red Hat OpenShift, Container Orchestration – Red Hat OpenShift, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) – Splunk, Enterprise Java Framework – Spring Java Framework, User Interface Technology – Angular 4 .
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Help development teams write test cases, as needed.
• Perform functionality testing across various Pivot sub-applications (once development teams have completed code for each release).
• Document test results (i.e., variance from expected results) and work with client and PMO test lead to assign defect severity.
• Help PMO Test Lead track critical and major defects.
• As needed, participate in Pivot Operational Test Authority (OTA) meetings and in Test Working Integration Project Team (WIPT) meetings.
• Review Pivot test documentation, to include the Test Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), to consider existing strategy and potential needs for improvement/updates.
• Use Atlassian JIRA and Confluence to monitor team test results, document test results, as well as to run reports.
You must be to work collaboratively in a team environment. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
• US Citizenship.
• At least five years of work experience.
• Application functionality testing experience.
• Knowledge of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC), best practice test methodologies, and guidance (e.g., CMMI, ITIL, etc.).
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
• Ability to work with multiple development teams/projects with various testers who are not co-located.
• Ability to review existing Pivot test documentation and to develop effective strategies/approaches for the development/project teams.
• Ability to use Atlassian JIRA and Confluence to review test documents, materials (test cases), test metrics, and test results.
• Strong quantitative skills and comfort working with, analyzing, and synthesizing program information and data.
Familiarity and experience with the following is highly desirable:
• Experience in Federal government consulting.
• A BA/BS with 5 years experience or equivalent.
• Active DHS/FEMA Public Trust clearance.
• Hands-on testing experience (provides context and facilitates strategy).
• Understanding of DHS testing guidance and experience with DHS testing templates.
• Understanding of IV&V, Cybersecurity, and 508 testing objectives.
• Hands-on experience with JIRA and Confluence.
• Hands-on experience working with multiple/distributed development and testing teams.
• Genuine desire to learn is essential.
• In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
The successful candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Work can commence before a clearance is granted, but must wait until the initial background check is complete.
While BA/BS degree is highly desirable, testing and related experience can meet this goal. Regardless of undergraduate degree status, at least five years related experience is required. A Master’s Degree in a related field can be substituted for some experience.
Local candidates only. Work location: Washington, DC.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.