We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Requirements Analyst to join our team in Northern Virginia and at the client location in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Unisys is a member of a Team assisting a Program Management Office (PMO) that supports a large-scale system modernization effort that uses Agile methodologies, coordinates and monitors performance across multiple contractor development teams, manages business and functional requirements, reviews/consolidates System Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) documentation, facilitates Agency-wide SELC gates (e.g., Release Planning Review, Release Readiness Review, etc.), interprets Agency implementation of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) SELC guidance/directives/templates, manages program risks and issues as well as several other functions. The system modernization that our PMO oversees is called “Pivot.”
As the Pivot system gets closer to Full Operating Capability (FOC) in late 2019, our team needs someone to work with various development teams to decompose from business/functional requirements to Agile user stories and more technical specifications. The successful candidate will work with our client and development teams to break requirements into user stories, prioritize the requirements/groom the backlog, develop robust acceptance criteria, establish the minimally viable product for each release, and ensure requirements traceability between business requirements and completed user stories. Business Analysts and other members of the PMO team, who are not requirements specialists, can play a supportive role on an “as needed” basis.
This is a customer-facing role that requires strong knowledge of and hands-on experience with requirements gathering elicitation techniques, user story formulation, requirements prioritization, acceptance criteria creation, and traceability processes. Several of the Pivot development teams are not co-located with the client or our PMO team, so communication via Adobe Connect and collaboration via tools like Jira and Confluence will be necessary.
This position description is *not* for a scrum master; each development team already has a scrum master.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
• Work with development teams to decompose existing business and functional requirements into Agile user stories and technical specifications.
• Work with development teams and their respective scrum masters to groom the requirements/user story backlog before and after each release – prioritize requirements for iterative release.
• While helping the development teams to create user stories, define acceptance criteria that validate if customer needs are met.
• Working with the client and development teams, help to establish the Minimally Viable Product (MVP) for each major software release.
• Monitor, review, add and modify requirements and user stories in Atlassian JIRA/Confluence.
• During user story development and release planning, ensure that user story and sprint requirements trace back to business and functional requirements.
• Assist PMO Test Lead and other PMO staff with traceability between test cases and requirements.
• Assess of each development’s maturity level in developing user stories/requirements and make recommendations for improvement based on industry best practices.
You must be to work collaboratively in a team environment. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
• US Citizenship.
• A BA/BS degree, preferably in a related field.
• At least ten years of work experience or a Master’s degree in a related field.
• Strong communication skills and a passion for client satisfaction.
• Ability to develop great client relationships and an interest in working on new business for a small consulting firm.
• Ability to work well with clients to determine needs and to execute a plan to meet those needs in a timely and efficient manner.
• Familiarity with Requirements Management methods and tools, training best practices, training content creation, communication and change management (e.g., Agile, CMMI, etc.).
• Hands-on requirements gathering and decomposition experience in an Agile IT environment.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and other requirements-related sessions.
Familiarity and experience with the following is highly desirable:
• Experience in Federal government consulting.
• Active DHS/FEMA Public Trust clearance.
• An interest in the homeland security mission.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong expertise with Requirements Management methods and tools, training best practices, training content creation, communication and change management (e.g., Agile, CMMI, etc.).
• Proven leadership related to requirements gathering and decomposition in an Agile IT environment.
• Excellent presentation & communication skills in both oral and written form.
• Genuine desire to learn is essential.
• In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
The successful candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Work can commence before a clearance is granted, but must wait until the initial background check is complete.
A BA/BS degree, preferably in a related field along with ten years related experience is required. A Master’s Degree in a related field can be substituted for some experience. .
Local candidates only. Work location: Washington, DC.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.