We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Senior Solution Architect to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
Provides technical leadership in the area of IT infrastructure, End User Support service, Cloud, IT Service Management, and Security services. Identifies and develops Unisys discriminators that lead to business capture success. Provide technical leadership in business captures and proposal development. Communicates Unisys capabilities with market and clients.
• Responsible for supporting capture solution development (teaming, win strategy, customer shaping, management approach, solution and service architecture, pricing, staffing, etc.), detailed technical design and architecture, and proposal delivery.
• Identify and develop tools, technology, methods, services and solutions that position Unisys as a recognized leading service provider for our Federal Clients.
• Engages with teaming partners and vendors to integrate their products and services into our proposed solutions.
• Provide proposal writing and proposal review support
• Ensure that all design artifacts and deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards
• Effectively communicate with all levels of management in areas related to solution architecture and future technical strategy.
• Establish and maintain productive working relationships with Unisys third-party vendors and other Unisys business units. Leverages these relationships to the best advantage of Unisys in supporting client requirements.
• Must have at least 5 years of recent experience in supporting large size business captures and proposals in the capacity of technical SME, solution architect, proposal writer, or lead architect with a good winning record.
• In-depth experience leading the design and integration of enterprise-level technical solutions and service management solutions. Experienced in developing to-be-architecture, concept of operations, and transformation roadmaps
• Strong capability and extensive experience in capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in the form of conceptual, logical, and physical designs, including the ability to articulate those concepts both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements and can be delivered within the desired timeframe.
• Experience of leading the architectural design and development of cloud, network, storage, security, mobility, analytics, and data center technologies applicable for federal clients.
• Highly experienced in developing cost models, technical delivery plans, technical solutions, basis of estimates (BOEs) and Bill of Materials (BOM) development.
• Strong intellectual curiosity in exploring and learning new technologies, technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
• Experienced in delivering presentations, leading meeting discussions with customers and team members at all levels, authoring presentations and whitepaper for conferences or opportunity shaping.
• ITIL certified.
• Experience or strong knowledge of ITSM solutions, such as Remedy and ServiceNow.
• Knowledge of major enterprise system management tools, system and app monitoring tools, Network Management System (NMS), and IT automation tools.
• Experience or strong knowledge in compute, virtualization, storage, networking, end-point device management, information security, and end user support service.
• Experience or strong knowledge with cyber security strategy and ability to design and architect holistic end-to-end information security solutions
• U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
• MS degree with 15 years experience or equivalent
• Experience architecting solutions around cloud architecture. Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
• DoD Secret clearance or above is preferred
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.